
The announcement of the award was held in a place close to James’ heart. In the very gym where he first made his name, James accepted the award today at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in Akron. “This is a place where all my dreams started and where I thought they could become real,” James said of his alma mater. Making the trip to the ceremony a reflective one, James took his Ferrari on the scenic tour through his hometown’s backstreets. “Today I decided to go the long route - to go back and hit some of those old roads where I used to walk. … To go back to some places that you grew up in brings back memories, and to be sitting up here today being the MVP of the NBA is like a complete 360. It’s like, ‘Wow.’ But you look back and, if it wasn’t for those roads - if it wasn’t for Silver St. and the boondocks, and all those places that I grew up in, I wouldn’t be up here today.”
In accepting the award, James delivered an exceptional speech, showcasing the poise that has made him a worldwide superstar. He was also quick to credit his teammates for their contribution to his success. He joked, “If you’ve ever seen the movie Friday, it’s like ‘It’s going to be like the both of ours, but I’m gonna keep it at my house.’ That’s what it really is. It’s me and my teammates’, but I’m gonna keep it at my house.”
LeBron and Savannah with their youngest son, Bryce

LeBron also made it clear that his family and friends have played invaluable roles in his development as a player and as a person.
Ps:
No comments:
Post a Comment